Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hunger Games Series

Life in District 12 isn't easy for Katniss and her family. Ever since her father died the girl has spent her time saving her mother and little sister Prim from starvation by hunting on forbidden land. But worst of all is reaping day. Once a year the government chooses two children from each of the twelve districts to compete against one another in a live and televised reality show. Twenty-four kids and teens enter, and only one survives. When Prim's name is called, Katniss exchanges herself without hesitation to compete alongside the baker's boy Peeta. To survive in this game you need to win the heart of your audience, and so District 12's trainers come up with a plan. Why not make it as if Peeta and Katniss were in love with one another? But in a game where only one person can live, Katniss will have to use all her brains, wits, and instincts to determine who to trust and how to outwit the game's creators.

The Hunger Games takes place in an undetermined future. The book has suspense, romance, and so much adventure that this has easily become one of my favorite books. As soon as I had finished it I immediately wanted to read it again and have all my friends read it so we could talk about it. I strongly recommend it to absolutely everyone and cannot wait for the sequel, Catching Fire.

***UPDATE***
WOW! Just finished Catching Fire. Awesome…but makes me crazy impatientLoved Catching Fire. But I am absolutely dying to find out what happens next. Suzanne Collins totally did it again, left me totally hanging on the edge of my seat. Hopefully, somebody will know when the next book comes out...If i just had a date, I can move on a bit and stop thinking about what's going to happen next. Hopefully it wont be another year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to start The Hunger Games tonight. Sounds exciting! However, I still think Hush Hush and Shiver will stay my favorites. Marye~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read on amazon that the third book in the Hunger Games series is scheduled for 08/24/10! No title just yet but all of us fans at least have a date to look forward to.

    A devoted fan!

    ReplyDelete

Music I'm listening to...